Loving Every Minute

Loving Every Minute



Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Want my Blankie Back

The Prince has a few loveys. As soon as it was safe for him to sleep with a small blankie, I made a little yellow one with his name on it. He soon adopted a stuffed Pooh Bear. And my baby blankie.

Yes, I have a baby blankie. It is, in fact, my baby blankie from when I was little. It's name is "Pink Blankie," although it has never been pink. It is white (well, sorta grey now) with a yellow satin edging. The edging has been replaced multiple times. I use it to help me get to sleep. It's been around the world, carefully tucked into my suitcase.

I don't mind when he uses my blankie. I assume it smells like me, and when we went to the hospital to have The Princess, I actually left it at home in case he needed it. When I came home, it was in his bed. And there it's slept every night since.

I guess it is time to grow up in that respect. I'll gladly let him use Pink, if it helps him through this transition time. But on the days when he brings all his loveys into my bed to snooze a bit, I'll grab a corner to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment